Did you know that 93% of human communication is visual?
That’s a pretty eye-opening piece of information. Here’s another one: The brain processes visual information 60,000 times faster than text.
The below infographic from Digital Marketing Philippines is full of invaluable pieces of information like this, and all of them could help enhance the way you market and sell your workspace to prospective clients.
For instance, how text-heavy is your proposal template? Are your promotional flyers or brochures chock-full of words? How about your website – are visitors treated to beautiful photographs at first sight, or are they thumped with bland narrative?
We’re not saying text is bad – far from it. Especially when it comes to digital content. But balance is essential, and it’s important to consider visual appeal, too.
With that in mind, here are 5 key communication factors we’ve drawn from this piece of research. The full infographic – 12 Reasons to Implement a Visual Content Marketing Campaign – is below, and it’s well worth a look.
- 1. Look Sharp: 70% of sensory receptors are concentrated inside the eye, and around 93% of all information that enters the brain is visual.
- 2. Cut Through the Noise: The world is full of noise. On Twitter alone there are over 140 million daily tweets, and around 2 million videos are uploaded every single day. It’s more essential than ever to be clear, concise, and to cut to the chase in your marketing campaigns.
- 3. A Picture Paints a Thousand Words: Research suggests that content that is easier to absorb is processed faster, and the brain processes visual information 60,000 times faster than text.
- 4. Visual Content Performs Better: Website content such as press releases and blog posts generate up to 94% more views if they include compelling visuals, such as photos and graphics. You can bump up your views almost 50% further by including videos, too. Research shows that 85% of internet users in the US watch online videos, with around 26% of all smartphone users watching online videos at least once per day.
- 5. Get Social with Visuals: If an article is optimised by compelling visual elements, it can generate up to 37% more social engagement.
The full infographic is below – click on it to generate a larger version:
The Latest News
Delivered To Your Inbox
Infographic source: Digital Marketing Philippines