Owners and operators of business centres across the UK came together on Friday 25th November 2016 to celebrate mutual achievements at the BCA’s annual industry awards evening.
Held at the glitzy Sheraton Grand London Hotel on London’s Park Lane, it was the BCA’s 16th such celebration and, despite a challenging year for the UK that has been rocked by ‘Brexit’, political turmoil and ongoing concerns over business rates, the event was characteristically packed out with hundreds of industry professionals.
And as befits an industry that continues to shine, it was a sparkling occasion filled with popping corks and celebratory cheer – particularly for this year’s five award winners. They are:
- Broker Representative of the Year: Jimmie Brennan, Flexioffices
- Trade Partner of the Year: essensys, Mike Guest (MD)
- Light Industrial Workspace: Bizspace Hollinwood, Gareth Evans (CEO) and Walt Urquhart (Centre Manager)
- Independent Business Centre of the Year: Serviced Office Company, Davenport House London, Raquel Maruso (Centre Manager)
- Group Business Centre of the Year: Landmark Old Broad Street – Richard Gill (MD) and Lindsay Bartlett (Client Liaison Manager)
A special mention also goes to this year’s finalists, including:
- Business Design Centre (Philip Morris) and Circle Offices London (Hana King) who reached the shortlist for best Independent Business Centre;
- I2 Office, Bishopsgate (John Spencer CEO and Nathan Degn, Centre Manager) and BE Cheapside (David Saul, MD and Sarah Harris, Centre Manager), finalists for the Group Business Centre of the Year Award.
Many congratulations to all finalists and award winners on the night.
Furthermore, throughout the evening guests participated in fundraising for property charity LandAid, raising £2,000 to help tackle youth homelessness.