December 19th 2016 – (London) – Flexioffices have recently conducted comprehensive research into the distribution of small to medium enterprises (SMEs) across London outcodes. SMEs were segmented based upon their sector, which allowed the study to compare the distribution of SMEs in each sector based on their outcode. The study used Flexioffices’ data from the past two years.
Key findings of the study:
- SE1 (Southwark, London Bridge, Waterloo) is the most popular location for SMEs to rent serviced office space in London. The total percentage of London SMEs which are now based in SE1 is 7.03%.
- SE1 (Southwark, London Bridge, Waterloo) represents a very large area of prime commercial property within London, and SMEs are increasingly choosing to position near themselves in this new extension of the city.
- SMEs are attracted by the investment in landmark commercial properties such as The Shard, as well as the major transport hubs such as Waterloo and London Bridge for commuting.
- SE1 (Southwark, London Bridge, Waterloo) was the most popular London location for SMEs in the majority of sectors including: Business Services, Finance/Commodities, Health & Wellbeing, Media, IT, Legal/Law, Property, Not for Profit, Retail & Recruitment.
- NW1 (Kings Cross, Euston) is the second most popular location for SMEs in London. The total percentage of SMEs based in NW1 is 3.76%. The location boasts exceptional commuter-friendly transport connections, including two of the UK’s busiest train stations – King’s Cross. St Pancras International. NW1 also offers an easily accessible route into Europe for SMEs via the Eurostar.
- EC2A (Liverpool Street) is home to 3.57% of London’s SMEs, although a relatively small outcode this area is the most densely populated.
- EC2M (Shoreditch, Old Street) was shown to have total percentage of 3.14% of SMEs in London.
Paul Slinn, Managing Director at Flexioffices, commented on the study:
“There are numerous considerations that business owners, managing directors and entrepreneurs must address when choosing where to position their business. Location can make a strong statement about how a business wishes to be perceived to potential clients and partners. Maintenance costs and transportation must also be considered.”
Flexioffices was set up to provide a complete and impartial overview across the whole of the UK serviced office market.
The Managing Director, Paul Slinn is a Chartered Surveyor with over 20 years experience in dealing with office agency and finding solutions to clients’ office problems.
Since Flexioffices was set up Paul and his team have assisted 1000’s of companies to locate office space throughout the UK.
Flexioffices are completely independent and untied to any serviced office operator or property company and therefore work solely to find the best fit space solutions for tenants.
Contact: Rory Hope
Tel: (+44) 7854269069
Email: [email protected]