- Industrious and Proper Hospitality have partnered to provide hotel suites into private workspaces.
- Converted suites are now available at Austin, San Francisco, and Santa Monica Proper Hotels with additional properties launching in October.
- Kelly Wearstler-designed spaces can be booked by the day, week, or month for up to six guests at a time.
LOS ANGELES, CA and NEW YORK, NY (September 21, 2020) – Proper Hospitality, the lifestyle hotel brand that’s redefining luxury, and Industrious, the highest-rated workplace provider in the U.S., today announced a partnership to convert luxury lifestyle hotel suites into safe, comfortable and private workspaces.
As businesses and their employees look for alternatives to working from home, Industrious at Proper Hotels is available beginning today at the Austin, San Francisco and Santa Monica Proper locations. Office suites are equipped with two workstations each, with additional “loft” spaces available that contain up to six individual workstations. Bookings are currently available through December 15, 2020.
“Proper Hotels has always sought to partner with the most creative, ground-breaking brands in each of our markets and we’re now thrilled to partner with Industrious to offer a new way of experiencing our properties for remote workers looking for safe working environments,” said Patrick Pahlke, Proper Hospitality’s Vice President of Commercial. “We look forward to meeting our newest guests and introducing our signature, Proper approach to hospitality, including beverages, snacks and meals on-demand and a design-forward mentality, ideal for creatives seeking new workplace inspiration.”
Leveraging a shared commitment to authentic, hospitality-driven guest experience and amenities-focused property management, all Industrious at Proper Hotels office suites offer high-speed Wi-Fi, unlimited digital access to The New York Times, printing services, a smart TV, and private in-suite restrooms. Guests experience a seamless, contact-free check-in managed by Proper Hospitality, as well as amenities that include touch-free in-suite service, in-suite coffee and/or Nespresso machines and cold brew, signature waters in the fridge, artisanal snacks, and room service for purchase. All suites are available to book by the day, week, or month, with weekly and monthly rate discounts of 15 and 25 percent, respectively.
“With remote work continuing for the foreseeable future, there’s an urgent need for safe, accessible workspace where and when it’s needed — even for employees who are only going to the office once or twice a week. People are craving an escape from WFH, but that doesn’t mean they’re ready to get back to the traditional open office,” said Jamie Hodari, Co-Founder and CEO of Industrious. “We’re so excited to work with Proper to provide just that sort of novel option, and it’s hard to imagine a more ideal ‘office getaway’ than working from one of these gorgeous hotels.”
Proper Hospitality’s intentionally-selected and creative locations offer a locally immersed guest experience through eclectic designs by Kelly Wearstler, who serves as creative lead for the brand and is responsible for each hotel’s interior design. Industrious at Proper Hotels begins today at the following distinctive properties:
- Austin Proper Hotel and Residences: Austin’s newest luxury lifestyle hotel is set in the buzzy 2nd Street District, where suites are inspired by the city’s Craftsman architecture and many afford views of Lady Bird Lake or downtown Austin. The Peacock Mediterranean Grill serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and happy hour from McGuire Moorman Hospitality, one of the city’s most beloved restaurant groups.
- San Francisco Proper Hotel: At San Francisco’s Mid Market luxury hotel, workstations are set in rooms decorated in a timeless black-and-white palette with plush, comfortable furnishings. Every room comes with a view, and the rooftop restaurant Charmaine’s serves craft cocktails and a menu by Michelin-starred chef Jason Fox overlooking the twinkling city below.
- Santa Monica Proper Hotel: Workstations located near Santa Monica State Beach are in rooms rendered with soft, earthy shades and organic textures. Outdoor dining options include Calabra, the hotel’s rooftop bistro, and Olea Garden for sushi served Friday and Saturday nights on the second-floor garden terrace.
Beginning October 7, Industrious at Proper Hotels will expand to four additional properties including Avalon Beverly Hills, Avalon Palm Springs, Hotel June, and Ingleside Inn. Rates, booking and all additional information can be found here.
Today’s announcement also marks a significant expansion of Industrious’ Work From Here program, and is the workspace operator’s second boutique hotel offering nationwide. Industrious at Wythe Hotel is available in the historic Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn, and has been extended indefinitely following its launch in July. Industrious provides productive and engaging workplaces for companies of all sizes and stages. Around the country, past and present Industrious members include: Cisco, Compass, Spotify, Heineken, Lyft, and Salesforce.
For more information on Proper Hotels visit www.properhotel.com
About Proper Hospitality
Proper Hospitality designs, brands, and operates high-end lifestyle hospitality experiences under its Proper, Avalon, and Custom brands. Each is a distinctive reflection of the vibrant community surrounding it, yet as a group they share a common belief in uncommon luxury, convenience of location, and world-class amenities provided by locally vetted innovators in food and beverage, technology, art, music, fashion and wellness. Led by the visionaries behind the The Kor Group, the company currently manages Avalon branded hotels in Beverly Hills and Palm Springs as well as the Custom Hotel in Playa Vista. The company began rolling out the Proper brand with the opening of San Francisco Proper Hotel in Fall 2017. In addition to its 2019 openings in Santa Monica, Austin, Downtown LA, look to see the brand expand into new markets such as Portland, Miami, New York, Nashville, Denver and others.
Industrious’ private offices and suites — the highest-rated workspaces in the industry — provide the most sustainable option for companies to manage newly distributed teams for the long term. We make it easy to find an office that works for you — even if you come in just once or twice a week. Recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine, Industrious offers flexible terms and locations in more than 50 U.S. markets. For more information, visit industriousoffice.com.