Instagram has introduced several new features designed to make communicating on the app even more seamless.
This new wave of features follows the company’s pledge late last year to focus on messaging, as well as Reels.
In a statement via their press page, Instagram shared that the new DM capabilities are part of the company’s “ongoing work to improve how you connect and share with your closest friends.”
Here are the new features:
- Reply while you browse: Quickly reply to a message without having to leave the Instagram Home feed.
- Quickly send to friends: Re-share content without navigating away from the Instagram Home feed by tapping and holding the share button.
- See who’s online: See who’s free to chat at the top of your inbox list.
- Share a song: Share a 30-second preview of a song via integrations with Apple Music, Amazon Music, and Spotify (coming soon).
- Send messages quietly: Send messages without notifying friends by adding “@silent” in your message.
- Switch theme: Try out the new lo-fi chat theme.
- Create a poll in group messages: Create a poll directly in a group chat to survey your friends.
These features are currently being rolled out to users in select countries, with the goal of being rolled out more widely in the coming weeks and months.