- Charlie Green and Olly Olsen took the Industry Achievement Award at the Flexible Space Association’s annual awards evening.
- The Industry Achievement Award recognises outstanding service to the flexible workspace industry.
- The award was one of eight handed out during FlexSA’s annual awards evening, which took place in London.
300 people from the flexible workspace industry recently came together for the Flexible Space Association (FlexSA) Gala Dinner and presentation of the FlexSA Awards 2022 in London’s iconic Landmark Hotel. The Flexible Space Association speaks on behalf of the flexible workspace industry across the UK, working to ensure it has the conditions needed to thrive.
The Industry Achievement Award, recognising outstanding service to the flexible workspace industry, was awarded to Charlie Green and Olly Olsen at The Office Group.
Fuelled by a desire to improve the way people work, The Office Group’s journey began in 2003 when co-founders Olly and Charlie opened their first building on City Road in London. Following a high-profile merger earlier this year, its members now have access to over 50 workspaces located in prime creative and commercial neighbourhoods in the UK and Germany.
Research by The Instant Group on the state of the UK flex market showed that the demand for flexible workspaces has grown by 22% in 2022. The FlexSA Awards were held to celebrate the best flexible workspaces and companies in the industry over the last 12 months.
The eight companies to scoop awards on the night were:
- Workspace Design: TOG – 210 Euston Road
- Service Innovation: hUBClub – UBC
- Technology Innovation: Holler Technology
- Scotland/NI/Wales: Clockwise Glasgow
- London and South East: Landmark & The Space
- South West: Desklodge Bristol
- Midlands: BusinessLodge Stoke
- North of England: BusinessLodge Bury
Jane Sartin, Executive Director of FlexSA, commented, “It was fantastic to bring together so many people from the flexible workspace industry for our Gala Dinner, particularly at a time when there is a lot of positivity about the role the sector is now playing in supporting the new ways people are working.”
Charlie Green, TOG co-founder, commented: “Olly and I are proud and humbled to receive the Industry Achievement Award. It seems crazy to think that we started this journey 20 years ago and we’ve enjoyed every step of the way working in this industry. Everything has been made possible by our wonderfully talented and passionate TOG team.
“There’s never been a better time to be in this industry, with more businesses embracing flex as a key driver of their businesses’ success. Thank you to the Flexible Space Association for this award – it really means the world to us.”
Yardi and Glide sponsored the FlexSA awards evening.