- Convene celebrated its 10th year anniversary this past November.
- The company now boasts 30 locations across 6 markets that amount to 1.5 million square feet of space.
- The company has raised $260 million in funding.
New York, NY (December, 2019) – Convene, the leading partner for commercial landlords in providing places to work, meet, and host events, celebrated its 10-year anniversary in November. Co-founded by Ryan Simonetti and Chris Kelly in 2009, Convene has implemented the most profitable and customer-centric business model in the flexible office industry today.
“I am so proud of the work we’ve done at Convene over the last 10 years,” said Convene CEO & Co-Founder Ryan Simonetti. “The team at Convene has worked tirelessly to deliver a product that was unlike anything else in the commercial real estate market and built a first-class team to help see it through. It is my fundamental belief that the modern day workplace is going to shift into a more flexible, amenitized offering, and Convene is the top of the market solution in the flexible office industry today.”
Top 10 Convene Accomplishments in 10 Years:
- Convene raised $260 million throughout its financing rounds A-D, as well as a $150M credit facility in 2019 in partnership with Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and Barclays.
- Convene attracted global leaders in real estate as investors including Brookfield Properties, The Durst Organization, RXR Realty, and others.
- Convene opened 30 locations in 6 cities nationwide: New York City, Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Los Angeles, and Boston.
- Convene signed its first international lease at 22 Bishopsgate in London, marking its official international expansion.
- Convene launched Club 75, its first-ever exclusive membership club at Rockefeller Center.
- Convene opened its largest full-service meetings and events venue (73K SF) in the former Women’s Saks store at Brookfield Place, a luxury retail destination.
- Convene cemented unmatched partnerships for new workplace services companies including Hydra Studios, the network of health and wellness services; Eden Health, the on-site healthcare provider; and For Five Coffee at every location.
- Eight years after launching a Meetings product, Convene launched WorkPlace, a full-service, sophisticated alternative to the traditional office or coworking space, providing members access to a premium work environment.
- Convene served 1.46M meeting attendees nationwide to date, and currently hosts 196 companies and 1,005 people in their WorkPlace offering across five cities.
- Convene built and sustained the most awarded company culture in the meetings and flexible workspace industries with dozens of awards for culture, including being recently named the #7 Best Workplace in New York by Fortune Magazine.
In 2008, Ryan was working in real estate, focused on investing in hotels and office buildings, and developed the initial idea for Convene: to partner with landlords to infuse hotel-like hospitality into office buildings. A year later, Convene’s first location opened at 730 Third Avenue in Midtown Manhattan.
The Latest News
Delivered To Your Inbox
Each of Convene’s 30 opened locations are designed to support the modern day worker who prioritizes flexibility, tech-enabled spaces, and a distinct, elevated setting. Another key pillar of Convene’s successful strategy is its hospitality-infused offerings, including: on-demand, seasonal meals prepared by in-house executive chefs; a Nourish bar filled with kombucha, iced coffee, tea, and beer on tap, a variety of healthy and savory snacks; and access to Convene’s event production staff to ensure all details are prepared for every meeting, event, and workplace requirement.
Convene (www.convene.com) designs and services premium places to work, meet, and host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major cities. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by both Inc. and Fortune Magazine.Share this article