- UK coworking space, PLATF9RM, has launched a programme to champion startups that are improving the way we work.
- The ‘Make Work Wonderful Accelerator’ programme provides founders with tailored support, accountability meetings, and 24/7 access to the PLATF9RM space.
- 9 companies have been selected for the inaugural accelerator programme, including a video storytelling tool and a social impact technology platform.
In a time of so much uncertainty, one thing is clear: the way we work has changed forever. Over the last 12 months, the demand for new technologies has grown exponentially, changing what is possible in terms of how and where we work.
PLATF9RM — Brighton & Hove’s largest independent coworking space — wants to support those at the forefront of the new movement; the next generation of entrepreneurs who are shaping the way we stay productive, connected and happy at work, driven by emerging technology.
The Make Work Wonderful Accelerator by PLATF9RM will champion those designing products or tech solutions that are challenging, improving or enhancing how we work in any sector. The founders will join the programme for three months and will have access to tailored support, founder sessions, accountability meetings, and 24/7 access to the PLATF9RM space.
Kristina Pereckaite, Entrepreneurship Director at PLATF9RM says “As each business will have its own set of needs and challenges, so there is no fixed content in the programme. The objective is simply that each business leaves significantly improved and in a more elevated position than when they started.”
After spending months scouting for individuals who are making waves in the future of work, they have invited 9 companies into the first ever cohort of the Make Work Wonderful Accelerator:
- Caesium 133: Simplifying pension management so that people can gain control, feel empowered and have confidence in their futures for themselves and their families
- StoryTagger: A guided video storytelling platform transforming how people discover and share their most valuable workplace experiences
- Paperound: A marketplace for busy business owners to access interns by the hour
- Unitec: An automation solution to make university clearing processes simpler, faster, and cost-efficient
- Equatrend: Offering social impact technology to organisations that are ready for systemic change
- Perkful: An employee wellness platform built with remote teams in mind
- Fracture Reality: The online meeting platform that uses AR and VR to create immersive collaborative spaces for data-intensive users
- Dokkit: A solution for construction handover documents to be generated quickly and easily
- Psyt: Revolutionising the way we digest self-development content
This cohort brings together a diverse set of startups from across the South East; these founders are solving real problems to ensure work is made wonderful for everyone – from productivity to engagement, to mental health.
The cohort will all be working towards pitching at a demo day at the end of the three months to an audience of investors, enterprises, and press.