The demand for shared offices and coworking space is on the rise with the total coworking market currently standing at around £15.75 billion. More businesses than ever are looking towards a flexible way of working in order to reduce costs, increase agility and offer more options to their teams.
Coworking is said to improve productivity, with 71% of workers saying they feel more creative in a coworking space and 68% saying they are able to focus more. Instant Offices have taken a look into the benefits of coworking and how to choose a space that will meet your needs.
What is a Coworking Space?
Also known as shared office space, coworking gives SMEs, entrepreneurs and freelancers access to all the facilities and perks of conventional office space without the cost of a lease and all the hidden extras that go with it. Coworking enables people to work independently in a space with shared values and a defined culture, and is increasingly being adopted by larger organisations too.
Rising Popularity of Coworking
According to research conducted by Instant Offices and CoreNet Global in a report titled ‘Coworking, A Corporate Real Estate Perspective’ , the number of coworking centres is projected to total more than 26, 000 by 2020.
Largest Developed Coworking Markets
Largest Emerging Coworking Markets
The total coworking market currently stands at around £15.75 billion.
Benefits of Coworking and Shared Office Space
- Cost effective – only pay for the space you need
- Collaboration and networking opportunities
- Occupy as little as one desk, with the flexibility to expand
- Contracts are available for as little as one month
- Offices are furnished, pre-cabled and offer various amenities
- Move in on the day you sign
9 Things to Consider When Choosing Shared Office Space
- Office Amenities: Most spaces will be kitted out with standard office equipment but be sure to enquire about anything extra, like conference facilities, phone rooms, private spaces, projectors etc.
- Atmosphere: Focus on finding an office space that’s built for collaboration and productivity. Work spaces are increasingly becoming user-centric these days to ensure a better working environment.
- Fast Internet: When choosing a space, you want internet that provides speed and reliability, so be sure to enquire about and test the Wi-Fi speeds to ensure they’re up to scratch.
- Perks: Many shared office spaces provide things like free tea and coffee, which is worth testing out if you’re going to be drinking it every day. Others offer perks like lunch areas, gym areas, outdoor areas for working and even free beer.
- Security: You want a space you feel secure leaving your work overnight, so check what the security protocols are and whether your space of choice takes any specific security measures.
- Access: Is the space open 24/7 or do they close in the evening? Find out what the working hours are so you can plan your time more effectively, and remain flexible if needed.
- Surrounds: As important as location is to commuter routes, it’s also important for your space to be near the amenities of your choice so you can step out for lunch or hit the gym with ease.
- Hidden Costs: Be sure to ask upfront what all the hidden costs are, from printing and using meeting rooms to kitchen space and coffee machines.
- Trial Periods: Does your space of choice offer a trial period before requiring you to commit to a contract? If so, test it out to see if it meets your requirements.
About The Instant Group: Flexible Workspace Specialists
The Latest News
Delivered To Your Inbox
The Instant Group is the global flexible workspace specialist. Underpinned by unrivalled expertise, Instant tailors unique solutions to help businesses of all sizes to grow, drive savings or gain invaluable insight. Established in 1999, The Instant Group has achieved 23% compound growth over the past four years and continues to expand with private equity funding secured from MML Capital in 2012. With offices in London, Berlin, Dallas, New York, Hong Kong and Sydney, The Instant Group employs more than 100 experts and has clients in 113 countries. For more information, visit www.theinstantgroup.com.