- It’s essential for an organization/business to have a more-than adequate payroll system.
- When organizations use global payroll services, they are assuring that their company complies with local tax and hiring laws.
- Papaya Global, Oyster, and Remote are some of the best payroll options to choose from when hiring internationally.
Allwork.Space may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through an affiliate link in our stories, at no additional cost to you. This helps support our journalism. Learn more here.
Having a good payroll service can make or break a company. If you don’t pay your employees, they leave. If you don’t follow legal requirements, you’ll face steep fines or worse.
The rise of remote work has allowed more companies to seek quality employees from more places, but international hiring can quickly make pay day even more complicated.
The best and most useful international payroll services can help companies to utilize talented global workforces by allowing them to process payroll for workers located all around the world.
These applications automate the payroll process to reduce administrative burden and ensure that workers are paid correctly and on time. Plus, when organizations use global payroll services, they are assuring that their company complies with local tax and hiring laws.
Here are some of the best payroll companies for international use:
1. Papaya Global
Papaya Global helps companies hire, onboard, manage, and pay people. This automated platform standardizes and combines payroll data, terminology, currency and data management for simplicity.
The cloud-based platform ensures full compliance and provides easy-to-understand analytics; essentially, it’s a streamlined global workforce payroll service.
“Papaya is a SaaS platform automating global payroll and global HR processes, connecting corporate clients with a global network of preferred suppliers,” according to its website.
- Can be utilized across 160+ countries
- Payroll partners, employer of record (EoR), and contractors are consolidated into one place
- $20 per employee for global payroll
- $650 per employee for EoR
- $25 per worker, per pay cycle
Oyster’s goal is to make the hiring and onboarding process streamlined, as well as give companies the ability to hire from anywhere in the world.
The firm’s mission is to help boost job accessibility in emerging economies.
“Building an all-star team shouldn’t be limited by borders. We’re on a mission to make it easier than ever for growing companies to hire, pay, and take care of brilliant employees — wherever they are in the world,” according to Oyster’s website
With this platform, companies can manage payroll, generate reports, and deliver compliant, on-time international payments.
- Has payouts in 120+ currencies
- Salaries, expenses, and bonuses are handled on one platform
- Starts at $399 per employee
- Free for up to two contractors
- Starts at $29 per worker monthly for three and more contractors
Many payroll services can easily handle payroll and taxes for U.S.-based organizations — but it’s a different story if you want to go international.
Remote helps businesses manage payroll and taxes for the global workforce, offering country-specific benefits packages.
This payroll service helps businesses stay compliant with local and international labor laws.
Remote offers customized employment contracts, specialized protections for intellectual property and invention rights, and support when using contractor tools.
- This platform owns legal entities in order to offer the best protection
- $699 per employee for EoR
- $29 per contractor monthly