What does the future of work really hold? What will the work environment look like in 2035?
A joint study by Citrix, futurist consultancy Oxford Analytica, and business research specialist Coleman Parkes revealed the expectations of over 500 C-Suite leaders and 1,000 employees.
- Three-quarters (74 per cent) believe that in fifteen years, artificial intelligence (AI) will significantly speed up the decision-making process and make workers more productive.
- New jobs will be created, including roles such as: Robot / AI trainer, Virtual reality manager, and Advanced data scientist.
- Work will be more flexible and fueled by technology. 75 per cent believe that tech platforms will provide instant access to highly specialized, on-demand talent.
- 57 per cent believe AI has the potential to make the majority of business decisions by 2035 and potentially eliminate the need for traditional senior management teams.
- “AI-ngels” – digital assistants driven by AI – will draw on personal and workplace data to help employees prioritise their tasks and time and ensure mental and physical wellness.